CoolTan Arts is looking to appoint a textiles tutor to design and run a weekly two hour workshop. Sessions are delivered from CoolTan’s base in Walworth Road, London.
You should have:
- experience of designing and delivering a textiles workshop and playing an active role in the monitoring and evaluation of the course
- proven experience of working with people who have experience of mental distress
Design and delivery
- Design an engaging textiles workshop programme including Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans.
- Liaise with CoolTan Arts staff to market the programme to new participants to maintain sufficient numbers on the programmes.
- Lead and facilitate individual and group learning for adults with a wide range of needs and levels of experience.
- Supervise programme volunteers to support the learning needs and development of the group.
- Facilitate critical debate surrounding textiles
- Support participants to keep learning journals using the most appropriate medium and to present their feedback to the group.
- Design, in collaboration with participants, a final exhibitions of work
Monitoring & evaluation
- Maintain accurate register of attendance
- Support participants to assess their own needs and progress using the RARPA system (recognition and recording of progress and achievement) and develop personal goals.
- Lead monthly feedback focus group to continually improve the programme based on participant feedback/input and evidence this in future planning.
- Maintain scheme of work and lesson plans on request by the Operations Director.
- Maintain online and hard copies of participant work as evidence of learning.
- Feed into final project evaluation as requested by the Operations Director.
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com with 'Textiles Tutor 2018' in the subject line. Applications close at 5pm on 22nd January 2018.
CoolTan Arts is an award winning arts in mental health charity run by and for adults with experience of mental health conditions. We believe that mental wellbeing is enhanced by the power of creativity.