Artist Studio Manager
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing studio with a global outlook, working on a range of ambitious and exciting projects and collaborating with brilliant people around the world. The activities of the studio include large scale installation and exhibition projects in major international museums and galleries; live musical performances; sound installations; fabrication of sculptures in mixed media; and other experimental works involving original techniques. The role involves the management of these projects as well as the general administration and development of the studio as well as accompanying the artist for exhibitions abroad.
We ask that you please do not apply if you do not have all the essential experience listed below, as your application will not be considered.
- Previous experience of managing an artist (or design) studio. An in-depth understanding of the administrational processes involved in running an artist’s studio, including: insurance, transport of works, health and safety, consignment of works, studio accounts, artist contracts etc.
- Availability/flexibility to coordinate projects in different time zones and outside normal office hours with the freedom to travel at short notice.
- Strong general computer fluency/ability, with knowledge of software packages relevant to such a role.
- Impeccable organisational skills and highest possible dedication and standards of work.
- Dedication and ambition to make a long-term commitment to the studio.
- The candidate should be dynamic, able to work independently; and excited by the work and the trajectory of the studio. They should also be happy dealing with the minutiae of the studio’s day to day running.
– A commercial outlook with the ability and motivation to research and create opportunities for the studio
- Musical understanding and ability / understanding of acoustics.
- Advanced software skills with graphic, audio and video software.
Please send CV and covering letter (letter no longer than 350 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Thursday 18th January
Salary: Depending on experience.