GLUE is a community arts programme based at The Tabernacle W11, utilizing the arts to encourage young people to stick together. Providing free workshops in performing, visual and literary arts, we aim to build a community of young people who feel creatively, socially and politically empowered.
We are looking for a street dance teacher to plan and deliver fun and inspiring weekly workshops to our participants aged 6-14. This role is suited to someone who is committed to using dance to build confidence and community cohesion, and create opportunity for young people.
Roles and Responsibilities
- to plan and deliver outcomes focused street dance workshops (introducing participants to technique and choreography)
- to deliver these workshops in a fun and safe environment
- experience teaching young people
- an enhanced DBS certificate
- a propensity to engage in community-based projects
- availability on Friday evenings
Job type: part-time (2 hours per week)
Hourly rate: £20.00
To apply for this role please send a CV, cover letter and – where possible – examples of your work to Cydney Phillip at email@example.com. Please note that due to the volume of applications we typically receive we will only be in touch with applicants who are shortlisted for interview.