Project Curator: Ashurbanipal
Fixed Term for 36 months
£30,348 per annum
Application Deadline: 22 January 2020 by noon
The British Museum is seeking a Project Curator: Ashurbanipal to join the Middle East department in order to conduct research towards the goals of the Ashurbanipal Library Project. The emphasis is on the identification, transliteration and joining of tablet fragments bearing scribal “colophons”. The jobholder will be required to present original research both at conferences and in the form of academic articles.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Conduct research towards agreed Project work packages
• Publish articles within the framework of the Project
• Present Project research at international conferences
• Update Museum database with detailed cataloguing information
• Contribute to training of Project MA student
• Organise a concluding week-long programme of activities at the British Museum
• Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be educated to a degree level or equivalent with the ability to read Neo-Assyrian cuneiform along with familiarity with original clay tablets. The ability to work as part of a team within the department and to communicate well with international project partners will be essential.
For further information or to apply, please follow the link: https://bmrecruit.ciphr-irecruit.com//templates/CIPHR/jobdetail_1911.aspx