EVENT TO BE PROMOTED:
A Bit Of A Do - 3-day accessible, integrated festival of performance by artists with and without disability. The event is funded by Arts Council England and Croydon Council. It will take place at Stanley Halls, South Norwood (Croydon) from 14 to 16 September. The event will include work by Lost Voice Guy, Moxie Brawl, Ursula Martinez, DISCO DISCO, Aby Watson, Reach Theatre, Non Applicables and Zoe McWhinney. The festival will include front of house staff with learning disabilities, who have taken part in training with Willow Learning for Life and Croydon Mencap, and a bar selling Ignition Beer brewed by people with learning disabilities.
• Securing press coverage, including:
- Feature in Time Out magazine (print version);
- Further 4 pieces of press coverage, in high profile publications e.g. Evening Standard, Metro, Guardian, or Arts specific press (e.g. A Younger Theatre, Exeunt, The Stage).
• Planning, developing, implementing a PR strategy, including creative ways to:
- Promote event and ensure attendance;
- Raise awareness of DISCO DISCO and Drunken Chorus;
- Engage partners in the arts sector and the local community.
• Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
• Collating and analysing media coverage
• Regular update communications with Drunken Chorus
• Liase with Drunken Chorus about visual promotional materials created
• Liase with Drunken Chorus on social media plan, focusing on how to utilise press coverage.
Fee: £1,000 (to include all work, expenses, planning, meetings etc).
Payment: Upon receipt of an invoice, following completion of the work
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV, a short introduction to your relevant experience, and a paragraph about why you would like to work on this project.
Drunken Chorus is a theatre company and registered charity (1161841) and a member of the Independent Theatre Council. We make performances, produce live events, support emerging artists, and work significantly with artists with disabilities.
DISCO DISCO is a company of artists with learning disabilities, led by Drunken Chorus. The group create work in Croydon and have toured their performances to pubs, festivals, conferences and theatres.