Are you passionate about learning through play? Are you creative? Do you enjoy working with young children and their carers? Then we have the job for you! Walthamstow Toy Library and Play Centre is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Play Worker to join our team and deliver creative, high-quality play sessions for under-5s and their carers.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver stimulating play sessions in line with WTL&PC aims and objectives, the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and the Every Child Matters framework;
- Set up activities before the session, clean up after the session; prepare healthy snacks;
- Organise and lead circle time (stories, singing and movement);
- Welcome new members and build relationships with existing members;
- Work as a team with volunteers, students, Trustees and colleagues;
- Promote toy loaning and fundraising;
- Ensure the Toy Library’s resources, equipment and play areas are well-maintained, clean and accessible for all to use;
- Work in accordance with and adhere to WTL&PC policies and objectives, i.e. health and safety, child protection and equal opportunities policy and Business Plan;
- Update the daily attendance register and membership database using Microsoft Access; and handle daily takings, when necessary.