The Royal Opera House aims to enrich people’s lives through opera and ballet. Home to two of the world’s great artistic companies – The Royal Opera and The Royal Ballet – the organisation seeks to be accessible and engaging. We are one of the busiest repertory theatres in the world and are supported by a range of staff, from production teams to front of house, administration and finance.
The Finance Department is recruiting for a Management Accountant to join the Finance team. This role provides a key service to a number of assigned departments. You will support the work of a range of departments through tracking and reporting costs, overheads and trading income against budget, and then provide management information according to the assigned departments, budgets and forecasts.
Reporting to the Head of Management Accounts, the ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate these skills and qualities:
• Substantial accounting experience in a tightly managed business and relevant experience in a similar role
• Part-qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA) or qualified by experience
• Highly developed numeracy and analytical skills, with high level of competency in Excel to an advanced level, Word and accounting systems, able to become fluent with SUN and Vision
• Strong organisation skills and able to prioritise and deliver high quality work to deadlines with minimal supervision
• A high standard of written and verbal English, with strong ability to present information to stakeholders
• Consistent high level of client service and responsiveness, with highly effective relationships with external and internal clients
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
A full job description and information on how to apply for this position are available on our website. Please contact the Human Resources Department on Tel: +44 (0)20 7212 9303 if you have any access requirements or queries.
Closing Date for applications: 8.00am, Thursday 17th January 2019.
Interviews to be held on the 23rd January 2019.
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.