EVENT TO BE PROMOTED:
A Bit Of A Do a 3-day accessible and integrated festival of performance by artists with and without disability. The event is funded by Arts Council England and Croydon Council. It will take place at Stanley Halls in South Norwood (Croydon) from 14 to 16 September. The event will include work by Lost Voice Guy, Moxie Brawl, Ursula Martinez, DISCO DISCO, Aby Watson, Reach Theatre, Non Applicables and Zoe McWhinney. The festival will include front of house staff with learning disabilities, who have taken part in training with Willow Learning for Life and Croydon Mencap, and a bar selling Ignition Beer brewed by people with learning disabilities.
You will be responsible for:
• Creating a publicity design for the festival – to be used to promote and market the event.
• Creating designs for print and online use, including: A3 Poster, A5 Flyer, Vinyl Banner and social media headers for Facebook and Twitter.
You will agree to:
• Attend an initial meeting with Drunken Chorus to discuss design ideas
• Use your knowledge and expertise to advise Drunken Chorus on strategies to reach their audience.
• Communicate with Drunken Chorus giving drafts of the design and then implementing the changes.
• Thoroughly review design for errors before final submission.
• Work with Drunken Chorus to identify suitable printer, print stock, finish and assist with submitting the print designs if required.
Fee: £700 (to include all work, expenses, planning, meetings etc).
Payment: Upon receipt of an invoice, following completion of the work
To apply: Email email@example.com with your CV, a short introduction to your relevant experience, and a paragraph about why you would like to work on this project.
Drunken Chorus is a theatre company and registered charity (1161841) and a member of the Independent Theatre Council. We make performances, produce live events, support emerging artists, and work significantly with artists with disabilities.
DISCO DISCO is a company of artists with learning disabilities, led by Drunken Chorus. The group create work in Croydon and have toured their performances to pubs, festivals, conferences and theatres.