Coventry will be UK City of Culture 2021 and it’s a great time to join the team
People Dancing and Belgrade Theatre are looking for a disabled dance artist or practitioner to work with Belgrade and Coventry partners to contribute to the ongoing delivery of a programme as part of People Dancing’s 11 Million Reasons to Dance project. Based at the Belgrade for select days between February and July 2018, the position will play an integral role in developing thinking around disability in the arts, and is an opportunity aimed at building an initial relationship with the Belgrade and Coventry partners.
The suitable candidate must demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience of working in dance and/or the arts
- Good understanding of equality, inclusive dance/artistic practice and an eagerness to push the sector forward
- Good connections to Coventry and a desire to make stronger links with the Belgrade
- An interest in collaboration and working with theatre and other specialist artists
- Experience of supporting and leading workshops with community groups
- A desire to connect to existing programme strands of the Belgrade
- A willingness to collaborate with the Belgrade, People Dancing and partners across Coventry
- A commitment to raising the quality of inclusive dance
- A willingness to support, advise and be open to making changes at The Belgrade
- An openness to sharing learning and experience of the residency through People Dancing and the Belgrade
- An ability to provide high quality experiences and innovation in your ideas and practice.
- A personal commitment to the artist in residency
- An ability to build strong and effective relationships with staff and key partners
- Self-motivated, with an energy and willingness to be successful
- A willingness to work with professionals and to develop skills practice in the arts.
For more information and to apply, visit the Belgrade Theatre website www.belgrade.co.uk/jobs