Position: Label Coordinator, Classics
Location: London, UK
Are you looking to expand your love for classical music and work with a leader in worldwide music distribution?
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Classics specialist to manage classical labels. Essential to this role is a solid understanding of classical repertoire and metadata standards. The role will involve working closely with the Sales & Label Director, Classics, as well as The Orchard’s label management and marketing teams across the globe. A love of classical music and a keen eye for detail is a must.
- Proof classical metadata on all incoming classical releases managed in the UK office and provide feedback to labels where necessary. This requires a solid understanding of classical repertoire and the associated retail and industry standards.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with select classical labels from around the world, with a focus on UK and European clients.
- Manage product logistics for managed labels, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required internal & retailer specifications, using Orchard technology systems and external systems as required.
- Liaise with various departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management to ensure all managed clients’ business needs are met.
- Work with other team members to educate, train and assist in classical best practice as required.
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across the client base.
- Develop industry knowledge and relationships in the classics space, across accounts, labels and media.
Qualifications and Experience
- Music degree not required, but desirable. A solid working knowledge of classical repertoire and an understanding of work and movement structure, composers, composer catalogue numbers, etc. is essential.
- An understanding of the distribution landscape, particularly digital is required.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with a keen eye for detail and a methodical work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to liaise with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Industry network and relationships within the classics space.
- Fluent in English with additional languages desirable.
- Able to travel as required.