The New Theatre is situated in the vibrant and historic City of Oxford, and has been the home of variety for over 100 years. With a capacity of 1785, the theatre plays host to leading opera and ballet companies, West End musicals, contemporary dance and sell-out pop and rock concerts. This planned season includes Stephen Fry, Tim Minchin, Motown the Musical and War Horse.
The Stage Door department plays a pivotal role in ensuring we offer outstanding customer service to staff and visiting companies, providing clear communication across the building, providing administrative support and having key building and fire safety responsibilities.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Provide an efficient and welcoming reception area for staff and visitors, keeping the stage door area clean, tidy, GDPR compliant and presentable.
- Answer incoming calls in a highly professional manner ensuring queries are efficiently dealt with and messages are forwarded.
- Welcome, sign in and keep an accurate record of when all members of the theatre staff, companies and visitors are in the building.
- Ensure contractors complete the necessary paperwork and are met by a member of the technical or maintenance team.
- Welcome the visiting company members and provide controlled distribution of dressing room keys and theatre information including health and safety documents.
- Provide visitors with an information service advising on matters such as parking, train timetables, gyms, restaurants, and digs lists.
To apply for this role click: