We are looking for a highly organised, enthusiastic and charismatic barista who knows how to make a proper coffee and who loves creating high quality cocktails. The Barista will work right in the centre of the action at Green Rooms, the UK’s first Arts-led independent social enterprise hotel.
The hotel offers stylish but affordable accommodation in 22 double rooms, two studio apartments and two dormitory rooms, event spaces for exhibitions and rehearsals, a lively restaurateur programme and a bustling bar.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, the Barista is in charge of serving food and drinks, making coffees, mixing up great cocktails and operating the bar, restaurant and banqueting service.
- To meet, greet and serve all guests in a relaxed but friendly and efficient manner without delays
- To handle and manage restaurant bookings
- To prepare mise-en-place, serve food & drinks, clear and reset bar and tables after guests have left
- To serve food and drinks at banquets and other in-house events
- To ensure the bar, coffee machine and service area is kept clean and tidy at all times
- To ensure that all cutlery, crockery and glassware are clean and polished to a high standard before and after service
- To handle deliveries
- To handle cash and card payments
Candidate Profile & Skills
- Experience in the service and catering industry
- Sound knowledge of food & beverage products & service rules
- A cool head to deal with last minute requests and problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment
- Organised team player with attention to detail
- Ability to create a rapport/relationship with the customer
- Mentality of being a true host, with focus on client service and taking responsibility beyond direct client duties
- Flexibitliy to work shifts.
- Good level of spoken English
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter stating the reasons why you want to work for Green Rooms to firstname.lastname@example.org