The New Art Centre is looking for a highly efficient and organised individual to provide support to the Directors, as well as general office administration and clerical support for the gallery.
- Acting as gallery front of house: greeting visitors, being available to answer questions and give short tours of the galleries; answering phones and general enquiries, receiving deliveries
- Managing directors’ diaries, travel arrangements, accommodation and itineraries
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence and overseeing physical and digital filing
- Office management, stock checks and library upkeep
- Photographing the gallery, park and events and using basic photo editing
- Overseeing small gallery sales using a card machine / cash and invoicing appropriately
- Updating of databases, for both artworks and clients with the greatest accuracy (adhering to GDPR regulations)
- Helping with arrangements for VIP and artist’s visits
- Organising and ensuring the smooth running of gallery functions including private views, dinners and special tours including invitations, travel arrangements, staffing, catering, guest lists and overseeing of RSVPs
- Overseeing the administration for international and London based art fairs including travel, accommodation and itineraries as well as preparation of information and images relating of the artworks
- Maintaining the gallery archives including purchases, sales, auctions catalogues and press
The successful applicant must have excellent administrative and communication skills to manage this pivotal role. They will need to be able to prioritise as well as having excellent proven office management and administrative skills. A knowledge of and passion for the arts will be a great advantage. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, work well under pressure and be willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the varied requirements are met. This is a role where you need a can-do attitude. You need to be able to use your initiative, build rapport with a broad range of people and be IT proficient.
The role is full time with occasional extra hours at evenings and weekends. The candidate would need to live within commutable distance and hold a clean UK driving licence. Lunch is provided.