Mounting and Fitting Technician required for a busy, bespoke picture framing business where all finished products must meet museum standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mounting of artwork onto substrates
- Assembly & fitting (often very large) artwork into frames
- Opportunity to develop and work on specialist metal finishes
- Measuring & cutting of materials (timber, substrates, glass, Perspex etc)
- Inspection (and condition checking) of artwork before & after fitting
- Quality control checks of final assembly
- Compliance with H&S standards
- An interest in contemporary art
- Experience in using hand and machine tools.
- Practical application of problem solving ideas
- Essential to be able to handle artwork with the utmost care
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and apply measurements
- Ability to work in a team
This is a full time role in a fast paced environment.
Please apply with cover letter and CV.